Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Woodsy Wild Mushroom Soup


This was spectacular! I am rating it very highly in part because of the uncommon mix of flavours (mushroom, lemon, cream, wine) which is refreshing, but mostly because it tastes really good. I made this soup while at Rob's cabin on Shack Island, which seemed fitting because of the outdoorsy, wild setting. I realized my mistake when I got to the last step of the recipe which called for blending all ingredients, a difficult task without power. I tried my best to mash the ingredients with a fork, but had to wait until I could use my trusty blender at home before finishing it. The unblended version tasted almost as good, but looked much more rustic. I substituted chanterelle mushrooms (thanks to Norma and her husband) for the porcini mushrooms, but will try this recipe again when the porcini mushroom season comes up (anyone know when that is?).
4 stars and 2 bars

No comments:

Post a Comment