Saturday, May 22, 2010

Rebar Caesar Salad (p. 18)

I've been a bit off the Rebar band wagon, because cooking large complicated meals and showing your house to sell don't necessarily go together .... BUT, when we rented a cottage last weekend, I decided I could at least make a Rebar salad to go with our steak. Like Carrie, I didn't think about the problems of cabins and blenders (there WAS power, but no blender or food processor), so my dressing was fork-mashed and not as uniform as it probably should have been. This salad was good, but it didn't become a new instant, maybe because even Rebar can't dress up plain romaine enough to make it stellar. I didn't do the home-made croutons, and I wonder if they would have brought it up a notch. The dressing might be good with a spring mix/ lots of veggies salad, so I might put it in the dressing rotation, but I don't know that I would make the caesar for a meal again. 1.5 stars and 1 bar (I had slight more effort since I had to mince my capers and garlic in the absence of a blender, but it was really quite simple).

No comments:

Post a Comment