Monday, May 10, 2010

Apple Danish Squares - Page 213



These apple squares are kind of like apple pie that you can eat with your fingers. I was impressed with how well the pastry worked and I followed the directions to the letter, not being a super confident pastry baker like Nic. I didn't use shortening (since I never use it) and instead used all butter. It might have been a bit flakier if I'd used the shortening, but I was pleased enough with the pastry. We put these in the freezer and are trying to ration them a bit better than we did with the raspberry squares. Another super tasty and fun to make dessert. These also take a bit of time because of all the refrigeration of the pastry as you went along. I also make these on a day off when I could go do other things while I waited for the pastry to cool, etc.

Two stars, two bars.

1 comment:

  1. I never think to do desserts from Rebar. LN was telling me this week that she did the pumpkin muffins and they were really good, so maybe I'll do them next time I get around to baking muffins (which I am due for).

    ReplyDelete