Monday, May 10, 2010

Thai 3 Cabbage Slaw - Page 28



We had a dinner party for the people that Nic works with and decided to make a south-east asian meal. We started out with this coleslaw. I'm surprised that we hadn't made this before, since we get a lot of cabbage from our farmer in the summer. But we hadn't. We will definitely make it again. The dressing was very tasty. I left out the chile and likely used a bit less curry paste than it called for (and I think we had yellow curry paste rather than red), but it made a very tasty salad. We used one full red cabbage and one full sui choy and one recipe was just the right amount for that much cabbage... quite a lot as you can see from the picture. We thought this salad was very pretty since it had a lot of colour with the purple cabbage and the orange carrots, etc.

One bar, three stars

The rest of our meal consisted of Chicken Satay, Beef Randang Curry and Rebar Monk's curry (Page 184) - we have made the Monk's curry lots of times before (it's one of the few Curry's that I really enjoy and actually request!), so it doesn't officially get included in the count of recipes for this year's Rebar challenge, but I thought I'd post a photo of the big plate of curry that we made for our meal. We finished the evening off with fried bananas and homemade vanilla icecream.... so decadent! and sooo good. If you haven't made Monk's curry, I recommend it. I'd give it three stars and two bars (again, that's just a guess as it's one of Nic's specialties!).



Well, that's my backlog of recipes, I'll have to get a little better at posting as we make these so that it's not quite so overwhelming when I actually get to posting!

1 comment:

  1. I was eyeing the coleslaw recipe recently - glad to get the review!

    ReplyDelete