Thursday, January 28, 2010

Lasagna of Champions!



We made Lasagna Rio Grande (Page 180) and what can I say. It was some of the best lasagna I've ever tasted! We did wuss out on the pesto and bought a jar of basil pesto to use (I really don't like cilantro so that was out). We also used a mixture of chard, kale and spinach for the greens, just to be innovative! The lasagna was fantastic! Lasagna is always a bit labour intensive and this was no different. The recipe refers to three "sub-recipes" in excellent rebar fashion. Also, as usual, the quantities were way off. We ended up with two lasagnas! But I can't stress enough how tasty it was. We will definitely use this recipe for lasagna again, although we might cut down on the amount of filling we make (or else we need to buy a bigger lasagna pan!!

I'd give it four bars for taste and three for effort

No comments:

Post a Comment