Thursday, January 28, 2010

Apple and Spinach Tart (Page 72)




Nic went away and I had a few of the girls over for brunch and crafts. I decided to make this tart and it was not disappointing. I didn't bother making the onion-thyme confit but it was tasty enough on it's own. The recipe is bang on when it says that savory and sweet strike a nice balance in this tart. The apples and blue cheese were a super good combination. I did make the whole wheat pastry (pg 34) and was surprised how well it turned out. Nic usually makes the pastry so it was a big deal for me to make it on my own. I followed the recipe exactly (except used only butter instead of butter and shortening). But I did put ice in the water to make sure it was cold!

I made the tart the night before and it kept well overnight. I ate it for lunch for two days as well and it kept quite well.

I'd give it three stars for taste and two bars for effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment