Monday, September 20, 2010

Back on the Bandwagon with Three Sister Burritos

I am not sure if anyone has blogged the three sister burritos. I know Sim and Nic have made them before, but I think pre-2010, and they’re new to ME, so I figure they count…. They were the first proper dish I made in the new place, so this post is long overdue, and I am trying to cast my mind back to what I thought. I made the filling a few days in advance of when I actually made the burritos, and then threw them together when I actually wanted to serve them, and that seemed to work well. This is one of those “trust rebar” recipes – you wouldn’t think that squash in burritos would necessarily be good, but they were quite tasty with the lime and chile and maple syrup combo, and the squash gave a good texture contrast to the beans and corn. I had a lot of leftover filling that I ended up throwing in the freezer, so we’ll see how it comes out. If it defrosts weird, it might end up in soup …. I would give them 3 stars and 2 bars.

No comments:

Post a Comment