Monday, September 20, 2010

Cranberry Hazelnut Granola

Many months after identifying the recipe (the pesky showing of the house/move got in my way), I finally made Rebar granola. Once I had the ingredients and got around to making it, it was not at all hard. As I always do with granola, I made it in the roasting pan, instead of on 2 cookie sheets, so it was easy to stir while it was baking without spilling over the edges. It's good granola, the dried cranberries and blueberries and hazelnuts definitely make it tasty, but I don't think it's generally better than my usual recipe, passed down from mom. I think I would save this recipe for special breakfast occassions, when I want something a bit more decadent (and would use all maple syrup next time - I did half and half maple and honey), but it has not convinved me to forsake the granola of my youth. This is 1 bar, and 2 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment