Thursday, April 29, 2010

Apple pecan (nut) bars with oat and rice flours


These are a wheat-free, dairy-free snack bar. While very tasty, I'm not sure it's worth omitting the wheat and eggs unless you're on a strict diet. The flax eggs worked wonderfully, and the brown rice and oats were well ground by my (new!) coffee grinder (reserved only for non-coffee items). Due to the milling flours and seeds, and shelling walnuts and hazelnuts (from my and Rob's yards, and replacing the pecans), this recipe took way longer than I thought it would. Although tasty, I'm not sure I'd make it again.
1 star, 3 bars

1 comment:

  1. Upon reflection, and after a bit of a break from the flour milling, I decided I may have been mistaken in my star rating. These bars are actually very good, and will give them two stars.
    ~Carrie

    ReplyDelete