Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Tomato tofu and cashew stirfry with sui choy, Thai basil, and tamarind sauce


I made this recipe for my book club, and was feeling smug the night before when I had done all the shopping (including a google search for what sui choy really was; you can't trust the Nanaimo grocers to tell you!), and was about to prepare the tamarind sauce a day in advance. After a final skim of the recipe, I realized that I had skipped one critical item on the ingredient list when doing my shopping ("sesame baked tofu (p. 42)"). Not only was I missing the tofu, I had another whole recipe to prepare. Luckily both the stirfy and the baked tofu were prepared in less than an hour the day of the dinner (pheww). And the steps for "perfect jasmine rice" did actually produce perfect jasmine rice.

Many accolades were given for the meal at book club, and I too was very happy with how it turned out. Three stars and two bars.

No comments:

Post a Comment